HEAL, now in its 24th year, was established in 1992 by Dr Satya Prasad Koneru, a UK-based family doctor originally from Vijayawada in India. It began with the donation - by Dr Prasad - of his family home in Guntur, Andhra Pradesh. It was to be a home for young orphaned children.
This was the start of the Ankita Children’s Home and HEAL.
Since then HEAL has successfully launched a number of new projects.
HEAL UK’s primary duty is to raise funds for maintaining and expanding projects, offering help, support and guidance to the trustees of HEAL India.
- Dr Satya Prasad Koneru – Founder & President
- Mr Carl Brodie – Chairman
- Mr Peter Jones – Treasurer
- Mr Martin Church – Vice Chairman & Secretary
- Dr Aparna Gumma – Head of Volunteering
- Mr Matthew Glover – Cycle India Co-ordinator
- Mr Colin Charlton – Technical Director
- Mr Jem King – Communications Officer
- Mrs Sally Young – Legacy Advisor & UK Sponsorship Secretary
- Helen Rome, Paul Harris, Alison Marshall – HEAL India Night organisers
(Charity registration number: 101334)