HEAL, now in its 24th year, was established in 1992 by Dr Satya Prasad Koneru, a UK-based family doctor originally from Vijayawada in India. It began with the donation - by Dr Prasad - of his family home in Guntur, Andhra Pradesh. It was to be a home for young orphaned children.
This was the start of the Ankita Children’s Home and HEAL.
Since then HEAL has successfully launched a number of new projects.
HEAL UK’s primary duty is to raise funds for maintaining and expanding projects, offering help, support and guidance to the trustees of HEAL India.
HEAL India contact address:
HEAL Paradise Village,
Agiripalli Mandal PIN: 521211,
HEAL India contact numbers:
Mrs Laxmi Tatineni 9849 219194
P Dhana Prakash 9848 122111
GDV Prasada Rao 9848 984700
Mrs Bhavani 9441 169247
Campus In-Charge HEAL Paradise Village +91 7032885520
HEAL UK Directors:
- Dr Satya Prasad Koneru – Founder President
- Mr Carl Brodie – Chairman
- Mr Peter Jones – Treasurer
- Mr Martin Church – Vice Chairman
- Mr Steve Sargent – Sponsorship Secretary
- Dr Aparna Gumma – Head of Volunteering
- Mr Matthew Glover – Head of Fundraising
- Mr Jem King – Communications Officer
- Mr Colin Charlton – Technical